The JazzMN Orchestra can provide a concert at your school in some combination with your student ensembles.
The following is a typical schedule for one of our on-site concerts:
- Performances normally occur from Monday through Thursday.
- Host school has a short rehearsal with JazzMN soloists at 5:30 pm.
- Concert starts at 7:00 pm with younger ensembles and combos, etc. First half finishes with HS jazz band and featured JazzMN soloists.
- JazzMN performs at 8:00pm after intermission. During the JazzMN set, 2-3 High School students solo with JazzMN. The concert ends with JazzMN and a HS ensemble performing a selection together.
Cost: The fee for the JazzMN orchestra is $2000 dollars. The JazzMN Orchestra contributes $1000 and the host school is responsible for funding the additional $1000. Email us for more information.
McNally Smith Winter Jazz Blast
This non-competitive festival offers middle and high school jazz bands the opportunity to perform for their peers, receive adjudication and a clinic, attend a master class, record in the college’s studios and see the JazzMN Orchestra in concert. One outstanding band and several outstanding soloists will be invited to perform at the evening concert.
Local Area Festivals
These small-scale events involve 2-3 schools and their ensembles, and are presented by a host school. The student ensembles perform, attend clinics and master classes, and the festival concludes with a final concert by all groups and the JazzMN Orchestra. Programming can be tailored to individual events by request of the organizer. Festivals can also serve as revenue sources to support school initiatives. Examples of successful fundraising ideas in the past include:
- Musicians Union Trust Fund – Supports non-revenue events such as daytime clinics
- Band Booster contributions
- Sponsorships from music stores, local service clubs such as Kiwanis, Rotary, Lions, etc.
- Ticket sales
- Sale of snacks & beverages
Cost: The fee for the JazzMN orchestra and clinicians is $2700 dollars. JazzMN contributes $1000 and the host school is responsible for funding the additional $1700. Email us for more information.